Gymea Technology High School is a co-educational, comprehensive high school with a focus on technology to support teaching and learning activities across the curriculum and to provide a dedicated focus on technologies for identified students.
The school is situated in the approximate geographical centre of the Sutherland Shire in Southern Sydney. It Is set in spacious and Picturesque surroundings which enhances the positive and safe learning and social environment of the school. The school is well served by public transport. With regular bus services to most areas and a train station, just minutes walk away.
The school is supported by a strong parent community through the P & C Association. Parents see the school as being readily accessible, supportive , and a friendly, safe place for their children. The school is well supported by the local community, including the business community.
Other features of Gymea Technology High School include:
- A strong performing arts faculty with dance, drama, vocal and band groups performing on a regular basis at school events through to state festivals and schools spectacular
- A wide curriculum choice integrating academic and vocational pathways.
- Students participating in debating and public speaking throughout the Sydney Region
- A community supported uniform policy.
- An active and informed Student Leadership Assembly with a wide range of leadership programs and opportunities on offer for years 7 through to 12.
- Technology taught not only as specific subjects, but used for learning across all areas of the curriculum
- A wide variety of sporting activities, including the full range of NSW CHS sporting opportunities.
- A training coffee shop allowing students to gain a barista qualification while studying for the HSC